Forest-Grown Japanese Dried Shiitake KOSHIN, 42-75mm, 70g
Original price $0.00 - Original price $0.00
Original price $0.00
$19.99 - $19.99
Current price $19.99
- Sugimoto shiitake are naturally cultivated outdoors on unique sweet sap oak logs. Moreover, our drying and packaging process keeps the moisture content to less than 9% which enhances the Shiitake flavor and VitaminD content. Sugimoto Shiitake promotes 100% natural and sustainable cultivation using only carefully selected local cultivators.
- This Shiitake mushroom is called Koshin and is picked after the cap of the Mushroom blooms into an umbrella. It is larger and flat than the Donko Shiitake mushroom which is picked earlier while the cap is still in a bud form. Since Koshin is less thick than the Donko, it is easier and quicker to use requiring less time to rehydrate. Koshin is best used cut and in stir-fries, soups, and sauces, where smaller pieces are used with other ingredients.
- Our products pass a yearly quality audit guaranteeing the consistency of the sourcing and production process of our Dried Shiitake mushroom. This Audit is conducted by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries with the Japanese Consumers' Co-operative Union. (JCCU)
Key Product Features
- Forest-grown shiitake
- Kosher certified
- Endorsed by famous Japanese chef Dr. Yukio Hattori and his show 'Iron Chef'
- Sustainable cultivation methods
- Grown in collaboration with 600+ local cultivators